cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Springifying Cocoon 2.2 (or not)
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:52:11 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
>>> I suggest that when Springifiing components, we just remove the Avalon
>>> stuff.
>>>
>>> WDYT?
>>
>> +1
>
> lovely, less work for me :)
>
> and seriously: +1

Do we really want to springify trunk *now*? The problem is that the migration of
Cocoon 2.1 apps gets more difficult if you have to rewrite all your component
configurations.

My proposal is that we add deprecation logs if somebody uses <map:component> in
a sitemap and wait with springifying sitemap components until after the 2.2
release. When we are done we release 2.3.

WDOT?