cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JXTemplate is broken by implementing Recycable interface
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 07:15:38 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> The bridge does, IIRC, the following: It parses the Avalon configuration
> and create Spring bean configuration from it. It installs a bean
> postprocessor that knows and reacts on the Avalon interfaces. And it
> reads the newly created configuration.
Yes, exactly - the spring bridge consists of these two parts. One for
reading avalon style config and the bean post processor for managing the
avalon lifecycle interfaces.

> After this is done the bean post processor is still around and will used
> on all other beans in the container.
If they implement Avalon interfaces, yes.

> Maybe the bean post processor could be turned of or removed after that
> the Avalon components are processed? But I'm afraid that it isn't
> possible. Lazy loaded beans and beans with other scopes (pooled). Might
> need the bean post processor even after the initial load.
I think for reloading and other stuff, you'll need the bean post
processor. But I think we could check, if the bean processed by the post
processor is one coming from the avalon configuration. So we could only
apply the lifecycle interfaces if it is an avalon configured component.

But I really think, if you develop a "plain" spring bean, that you
shouldn't use any avalon interfaces.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler