cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: JXTemplate is broken by implementing Recycable interface
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 06:15:57 GMT
Reinhard Poetz skrev:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>>> After taking quick look on this problem I saw that
>>> JXTemplateGenerator is broken by the fact that it
>>> implements (indirectly, by extending AbstractXMLProducer) Recycable
>>> interface. Implementing this
>>> interface makes JXTemplateGenerator handled by our Avalon-Spring
>>> bridge instead of pure Spring and
>>> treated as an Avalon component.
>>
>> Why bridge code is invoked at all for components from spring's
>> context.xml? Sounds counter intuitive. I would expect only components
>> from cocoon.xconf/sitemap.xmap would be handled by the bridge code.
>
> I was wondering the same. Maybe Carsten knows more ...

The bridge does, IIRC, the following: It parses the Avalon configuration
and create Spring bean configuration from it. It installs a bean
postprocessor that knows and reacts on the Avalon interfaces. And it
reads the newly created configuration.

After this is done the bean post processor is still around and will used
on all other beans in the container.

Maybe the bean post processor could be turned of or removed after that
the Avalon components are processed? But I'm afraid that it isn't
possible. Lazy loaded beans and beans with other scopes (pooled). Might
need the bean post processor even after the initial load.

/Daniel