cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: JXTemplate is broken by implementing Recycable interface
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 00:37:44 GMT
On 09.10.2007 16:44 Uhr, Felix Knecht wrote:

>> Maybe we should create new AbstractXMLProducer implementation that is free of Avalon
interfaces?

> I think we should try to get Avalon free implementations (especially for Abstract classes)
as soon as possible. This
> will make springification of 'components' also easier when you can base on abstracts
not containing Avalon stuff any longer.

Besides that (for which (I mean Avalon-free) I actually care not that
much) we would finally break the huge class hierarchies. It's much
better to have a JXTemplateGenerator extending Object and implementing
all the interfaces (even Avalon ones if necessary) as other extreme.
There is probably a useful and sensible base class like
AbstractXMLProducer (without Recyclable of course) but you get the
general idea. This only introduces backwards compatibility issues and
probably takes more time than I want to wait for the 2.2 release.

Joerg