cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: SimpleForm transformers
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 23:26:11 GMT
On 09.10.2007 9:44 Uhr, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>> Please, no more modules. It is bad already as it is - adding *more*
>> modules only makes it worse. What's wrong with simply deprecating
>> them, with placing appropriate javadoc?
>>
>> +1 to move to -components, these are certainly not -core.
>
> But this doesn't solve the problem that many components are loaded into
> the spring app context by default. Having them into a seperate module
> makes it easy to exclude them. But of course than you can run into the
> situation that you only need one of them and get them all loaded again :-(

Why do you care that much about them? Of course they increase the memory
footprint but not for megabytes.

> However, what we could do is introducing a rule that every *.opt.xml
> file in META-INF/cocoon/spring and META-INF/cocoon/avalon isn't loaded
> automatically but needs to be included explicitly.

Don't make it too complicated with too many rules. There are already
many conventions to get stuff included. Now we want to add even more to
get it excluded again? I'd say don't fix it before there is the
requirement. spring-configurator can always easily be extended for such
a feature.

Joerg