cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fe...@otego.com>
Subject Re: JXTemplate is broken by implementing Recycable interface
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 20:44:33 GMT

> Obviously, if component is treated as an Avalon bean the setter injection will not work
causing NPE
> I showed above. I'm not sure if it's a bug in our bridge because the situation we are
seeing now is
> a conflict of two different concepts from two different worlds - singleton beans of Spring
and
> poolable component of Avalon.
>
> Do you have an idea how to fix that? Maybe we should create new AbstractXMLProducer implementation
> that is free of Avalon interfaces?

I think we should try to get Avalon free implementations (especially for Abstract classes)
as soon as possible. This
will make springification of 'components' also easier when you can base on abstracts not containing
Avalon stuff any longer.

E.g. we can use o.a.c.pipeline.xml as new packagename (just to start refactoring cocoon-pipeline
also to more precise
package names ;-) )?

Felix