cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: pipelineComponent scope troubles (was Code freeze?)
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 20:24:33 GMT
Felix Knecht pisze:

> It seems that the JXGenerator stopped working.
>
> Changing the generation part in the sitemap [1] from
>
> <snip>
>
> <map:match pattern="*-display-pipeline.jx">
>  <map:generate type="jx" src="forms/{1}_template.xml" label="content1">
>   <map:parameter name="locale" value="{flow-attribute:locale}" />
>  </map:generate>
>
> </snip>

> <map:match pattern="*-display-pipeline.jx">
>  <map:generate src="forms/{1}_template.xml" label="content1">
>   <map:parameter name="locale" value="{flow-attribute:locale}" />
>  </map:generate>
>  <map:transform type="jx" />
>
> made sample working again.
>
> It looks like the properties from the bean definition
> (saxParser,scriptManager, ObjectModel) are not set when the
> JXTemplateGenerator.setup(...) is called and therefor
>
> this.startDocument = scriptManager.resolveTemplate(src);
>
> throws Exception below because scriptManager = null.

>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.template.JXTemplateGenerator.setup(JXTemplateGenerator.java:117)
>         at
>         at
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.PoolableProxyHandler.invoke(PoolableProxyHandler.java:72)
>         at $Proxy9.setup(Unknown Source)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.setupPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:341)

Yep, I dug into this problem too and shared my thoughts in a new thread:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/75588

As for now I think you can safely stick to 1.0.0 version of template block and update your
application.

Giacomo, Felix: Could you confirm that everything works for you if you stick to 1.0.0 version
of
template so we can release Cocoon 2.2 RC2?

(actually, this situation proves that branching is quite good idea and Springification is
not always
such a straightforward process as we thought)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski