cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fe...@otego.com>
Subject Re: pipelineComponent scope troubles (was Code freeze?)
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 20:11:50 GMT

> Even Felix can now run our app without the known hassles and exceptions. But we don't
know whether
> to migrate as now some of the CForm samples throw exceptions they didn't after my springification.
>
> Any ideas what caused the samples to stop working?

It seems that the JXGenerator stopped working.

Changing the generation part in the sitemap [1] from

<snip>

<map:match pattern="*-display-pipeline.jx">
 <map:generate type="jx" src="forms/{1}_template.xml" label="content1">
  <map:parameter name="locale" value="{flow-attribute:locale}" />
 </map:generate>

</snip>

<map:match pattern="*-display-pipeline.jx">
 <map:generate src="forms/{1}_template.xml" label="content1">
  <map:parameter name="locale" value="{flow-attribute:locale}" />
 </map:generate>
 <map:transform type="jx" />

made sample working again.

It looks like the properties from the bean definition
(saxParser,scriptManager, ObjectModel) are not set when the
JXTemplateGenerator.setup(...) is called and therefor

this.startDocument = scriptManager.resolveTemplate(src);

throws Exception below because scriptManager = null.

        at
org.apache.cocoon.template.JXTemplateGenerator.setup(JXTemplateGenerator.java:117)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.PoolableProxyHandler.invoke(PoolableProxyHandler.java:72)
        at $Proxy9.setup(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.setupPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:341)

Felix

[1]
blocks/cocoon-forms/cocoon-forms-sample/src/main/resources/COB-INF/sitemap.xmap