cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: SimpleForm transformers
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 14:06:31 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>> Please, no more modules. It is bad already as it is - adding *more*
>> modules only makes it worse. What's wrong with simply deprecating
>> them, with placing appropriate javadoc?
>>
>> +1 to move to -components, these are certainly not -core.
>
> But this doesn't solve the problem that many components are loaded into
> the spring app context by default. Having them into a seperate module
> makes it easy to exclude them. But of course than you can run into the
> situation that you only need one of them and get them all loaded again :-(
>
> However, what we could do is introducing a rule that every *.opt.xml
> file in META-INF/cocoon/spring and META-INF/cocoon/avalon isn't loaded
> automatically but needs to be included explicitly.

gosh this is hacky :). How are the users are going to differentiate
which jars contain automatically loaded contexts and which not?

Plase mind we are heading for source less releases.

For users the message should be simple: put the jar on the classpath -
cocoon will pick up the components. Do not put it there if you want your
cocoon lighter.

Would that be that problematic to have cocoon-pipeline-core-components
and cocoon-pipeline-optional-components? Both could be imported into
sample app but only core for webapp archetype?

--
Leszek Gawron                         http://www.mobilebox.pl/krs.html
CTO at MobileBox Ltd.