cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: SimpleForm transformers
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 13:57:09 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>> Please, no more modules. It is bad already as it is - adding *more*
>> modules only makes it worse. What's wrong with simply deprecating
>> them, with placing appropriate javadoc?
>>
>> +1 to move to -components, these are certainly not -core.
>
> But this doesn't solve the problem that many components are loaded into
> the spring app context by default.

How's that? These are old school sitemap components. They are not loaded unless
you mention them in your sitemap. What do I miss?

> Having them into a seperate module
> makes it easy to exclude them. But of course than you can run into the
> situation that you only need one of them and get them all loaded again :-(

This is the correct assumption for the springified components. It is just one of
the reasons why I use readFromClasspath=false and load only components / include
only files I need.

Vadim