cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SimpleForm transformers
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 13:44:03 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>>>
>>> What's their use?
>>>
>>> At CocoonGT we had some sort of agreement to create optional modules
>
> Please, no more modules. It is bad already as it is - adding *more*
> modules only makes it worse. What's wrong with simply deprecating them,
> with placing appropriate javadoc?
>
> +1 to move to -components, these are certainly not -core.

But this doesn't solve the problem that many components are loaded into the
spring app context by default. Having them into a seperate module makes it easy
to exclude them. But of course than you can run into the situation that you only
need one of them and get them all loaded again :-(

However, what we could do is introducing a rule that every *.opt.xml file in
META-INF/cocoon/spring and META-INF/cocoon/avalon isn't loaded automatically but
needs to be included explicitly.

Or a variation of this idea: In 2.2 *.opt.xml files are loaded and there is some
configuration parameter to turn off this behaviour and in 2.3 it's the opposite.
Could this feature be easily added to the Spring configurator?

WDOT?