cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Deprecation of core components
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 05:43:43 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> Leszek Gawron pisze:
>>> SimpleFormInstanceExtractionTransformer.java and
>>> SimpleFormTransformer.java are probably better placed in
>>> cocoon-pipeline-components than cocoon-core. Can I move them ?
>>
>> What's their use?
>>
>> At CocoonGT we had some sort of agreement to create optional modules
>> for stuff that hardly anyone
>> uses so and even remove it afterwards if it makes sense.
>>
>> What about this particular components?
>
> these are totally "old school" cocoon components...

I think both should go into /trunk/core/cocoon-core-deprecated. There is
probably more stuff that should be moved there too.

Additionally I'd like to see a
/trunk/core/cocoon-core-sitemap-components-additional module where all the
"additional" stuff which isn't used in 95 % of all applications can go into
(e.g. how many people use the MP3DirectoryGenerator etc.).
For our users nothings changes because of the transitive dependency resolution
mechanism of Maven. Those who don't need this stuff can exclude them from the
cocoon-core dependency though.

Before we start to move around things en masse we should create a wiki page that
summarizes what we plan to do so that others can comment. If nobody beats me in
doing it, I will start to work on it probably in the next 14 days.