cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: springification of core
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 21:21:20 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski skrev:
> Daniel Fagerstrom pisze:
>> Leszek Gawron skrev:
>>> but question is: do we want that for 2.2?
>> Yes.
>>
>> It is a huge job to convert everything, so the only realistic option is
>> to do it incrementally, a couple of components at the time, when people
>> have time and feel like it. If we try to syncronize it with releases we
>> will never get it done.
>
> I have mixed feeling about this a little bit especially in this concrete moment. I really
believe we
> are just about releasing final of 2.2. I'm not sure if it's realistic to assume that
such major
> change as conversion from Avalon to Spring will not break anything.

For most components I don't think it is a "major" change to convert them
to Spring. There are some cases, e.g. Springifying the tree processor ;)
that are more complicated. But I would assume that Leszek or anyone else
working on Springifying Cocoon would discuss on the list if they are
uncertain.

>> For non-sitemap components we have just removed the Avalon stuff.
>
> I don't parse this sentence. Does it describe what we have _already_ done or what we
should aim for?

Both.

/Daniel