cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: springification of core
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 20:28:50 GMT
Leszek Gawron skrev:
> There is a lot of .xconf files in core. I would like to start converting
> them into spring beans

Great!

> but question is: do we want that for 2.2?

Yes.

It is a huge job to convert everything, so the only realistic option is
to do it incrementally, a couple of components at the time, when people
have time and feel like it. If we try to syncronize it with releases we
will never get it done.

I don't know if we have discussed any policy for how to Springify the
beans, but you will find many examples in the core. What I would propose
is that for sitemap components, we keep and depricate the Avalon
configurability and life cycle interfaces even if we Springify them.
You'll find a number of examples on how this can be done in
cocoon-pipeline-components. As users probably have tons of sitemap
component configurations in their sitemaps, I think it is reasonable to
give them some time to change.

For non-sitemap components we have just removed the Avalon stuff.

/Daniel