cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: pipelineComponent scope troubles (was Code freeze?)
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 20:08:01 GMT
Leszek Gawron pisze:

>> Caused by: org.apache.cocoon.CascadingIOException: If you see this
>> exception you probably called
>> Source.getInputStream even though the source reported proper validity.
>> The only way to solve this
>> is to implement a resource heavy version of postable source.:
>> javax.servlet.ServletException: If
>> you see this exception you probably called Source.getInputStream even
>> though the source reported
>> proper validity. The only way to solve this is to implement a resource
>> heavy version of postable
>> source.
>
> this probably means we will not be able to implement fully pipelined
> servlet services.. I have reverted the change we did at GT.

Very unfortunate news but I don't think situation is hopeless.

Anyway, my opinion is that we should just start with buffer and after servlet-service stabilizes.
We
could continue improving servlet protocol performance. Otherwise, if we are going to complicate
it
now it's going to be hard to figure out what's the possible problem with servlet protocol.

Giacomo, does everything work for you after Leszek reverted his changes?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski