cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: pipelineComponent scope troubles (was Code freeze?)
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 10:29:14 GMT

Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>
>> Giacomo, sorry that it took me so long to take a look at this but
>> CocoonGT was quite involving event. It certainly was worth the effort I
>> put to get there! :)
>
> NP. Hope you enjoyed GT.
>
>> Getting back to the topic. I think I found cause of all problems people
>> were having and it turns out that I forgot that cocoon: protocol has
>> insanely complicated flow so all decent assumptions about our
>> environment do not work when it is used.
>> I believe that the changed I committed in r582629 fixes all troubles. At
>> least your sample is working now returning such result:
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><status
>> xmlns:jx="http://apache.org/cocoon/templates/jx/1.0"><document
>> xmlns:i18n="http://apache.org/cocoon/i18n/2.1">
>>     <count>3</count>
>>     <size>2</size>
>> </document></status>
>
>> Is it what you expected? Could give it little more testing? Actually
>> this issue blocks whole RC2 so haste is advisable here.
>
> Thanks alot! I'll take a look at it this today.

Actually I get mostly:

org.apache.cocoon.CascadingIOException: If you see this exception you probably called
Source.getInputStream even though the source reported proper validity. The only way to solve
this
is to implement a resource heavy version of postable source.: javax.servlet.ServletException:
If
you see this exception you probably called Source.getInputStream even though the source reported
proper validity. The only way to solve this is to implement a resource heavy version of postable
source.

on things which were valid before.

Any hints?

Relevant stack trace:

Caused by: org.apache.cocoon.CascadingIOException: If you see this exception you probably
called
Source.getInputStream even though the source reported proper validity. The only way to solve
this
is to implement a resource heavy version of postable source.: javax.servlet.ServletException:
If
you see this exception you probably called Source.getInputStream even though the source reported
proper validity. The only way to solve this is to implement a resource heavy version of postable
source.
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servletservice.components.ServletSource.getInputStream(ServletSource.java:89)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.source.util.SourceUtil.getInputSource(SourceUtil.java:428)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.source.util.SourceUtil.parse(SourceUtil.java:297)
        at org.apache.cocoon.generation.FileGenerator.generate(FileGenerator.java:144)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:331)
        ... 143 more

The FileGenerator in question has:

   <map:generate src="servlet:myBlock2:/user-status" />

- --
Giacomo Pati