cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: pipelineComponent scope troubles (was Code freeze?)
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2007 13:46:39 GMT
Giacomo Pati pisze:

> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> Any chance to reproduce this behaviour with my little sample? I tried to modify it
so empty List is
>> passed but everything works fine. Is your list a standard Java implementation like
ArrayList?
>> Isolating the problem that anyone can test on its own machine is crucial here, really.
Or you can
>> just consider debugging Jexl yourself, it's has source code written decently.
>
> I've setup a stripped down to bare minimum sample (based on your little sample) that
has the
> behaviour as our application. I can confirm, that this sample works with trunk upto revision
> 567300. You'll find it at http://people.apache.org/~giacomo/c2.2-test.tar.gz

Giacomo, sorry that it took me so long to take a look at this but
CocoonGT was quite involving event. It certainly was worth the effort I
put to get there! :)

Getting back to the topic. I think I found cause of all problems people
were having and it turns out that I forgot that cocoon: protocol has
insanely complicated flow so all decent assumptions about our
environment do not work when it is used.
I believe that the changed I committed in r582629 fixes all troubles. At
least your sample is working now returning such result:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><status
xmlns:jx="http://apache.org/cocoon/templates/jx/1.0"><document
xmlns:i18n="http://apache.org/cocoon/i18n/2.1">
     <count>3</count>
     <size>2</size>
</document></status>

Is it what you expected? Could give it little more testing? Actually
this issue blocks whole RC2 so haste is advisable here.

Thanks for your patience.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski