cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.2 documentation online!
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 16:07:13 GMT
On 9/28/2007 9:26 AM, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> While I was creating all the release artifacts of Cocoon 2.2RC2 I also
> published our 2.2 docs. See http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/
>
> I have to say that I'm really proud of seeing this long-term effort
> finally materializing :-) Thanks to all the involved helping hands!
>
> The only missing part is the main site (http://cocoon.apache.org). If
> nobody speaks up over the weekend, I will also publish it (see
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/dev-docs/) on Monday. It would be great
> if a native speaker could proof-read it in the meantime.

One thing I see is that the page titles (i.e. the html/head/title
element) is not set specifically. For example, on
    http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1366_1_1.html
the title shown in the h1 element in the body is "How to configure
consistent encoding in Cocoon", but the title in /html/head/title is
"Cocoon 2.2".
If all the doc pages have the title "Cocoon 2.2", that doesn't work well
if you're bookmarking various doc pages.

I tried editing the page, but the only title I could find there was "How
to configure consistent encoding in Cocoon", under "Document name".
So I suspect the fix for this issue is not in the individual documents,
but in the process for producing pages.

Lars