cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Igor Naumov (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Created: (COCOON-2139) Corrupted XML content with cocoon: protocol and caching
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 20:00:52 GMT
Corrupted XML content with cocoon: protocol and caching
-------------------------------------------------------

                 Key: COCOON-2139
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2139
             Project: Cocoon
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: * Cocoon Core
    Affects Versions: 2.1.9
            Reporter: Igor Naumov


I ran into a very tricky and frustrating issue with caching pipelines using cocoon: protocol.
It appears that when a result of a pipeline is retrieved from cache, the XML is "corrupted"
in a strange way (e.g. attributes have random values they are not expected to have).

I am using Cocoon 2.1.9 under Jetty (local server), with Saxon 8. Other components used in
the sample setup are ExpiresCachingProcessingPipeline and XInclude.

The test case is set up as follows (I will attach all the files or provide a link to download):

1. A caching pipeline (using ExpiresCachingProcessingPipeline) returns a fairly large XML
document straight from a local file. 
2. Another pipeline (noncaching) is using XInclude to embed a result of the pipeline #1 (through
cocoon: URL) into the result document.
3. A simple XSL filter is applied at the end of pipeline #2 to show the damaged XML elements.

When the pipeline #2 is called for the first time, everything works ok. At this time pipeline
#1 result is cached.
When the pipeline #2 is called for the second time, the XML returned by cocoon: URL is different
from the first call - some attributes are changed with a random data which seems to come form
other places in the stream (like element names).

XInclude may not be the primary suspect, I tried CInclude with similar effects. 
Disabling caching on pipeline #1 seems to eliminate the problem, changing cocoon: protocol
to http: seems to fix it as well.

The most frustrating part is that although the bug can be reproduced reliably with particular
sitemap and source files, the actual effect seems to depend on the source XML (less likely
to occur with smaller initial data sets).


-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message