cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: Transformer that are not based on avalon
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 16:24:30 GMT
On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 12:43 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to get started with cocoon 2.2 development and need to write
> my own custom transformer.
>
> Since I will start from scratch I directly want to start using Spring
> instead of Avalon.
>
> Is there a documentation and/or an example for components that are based
> directly on spring instead of avalon that I can use to get familiar?

I found
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@cocoon.apache.org/msg39766.html

So I defined my transformer in the spring context.
<bean id="dispatcher"
    name="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.Transformer/dispatcher"
class="org.apache.forrest.dispatcher.transformation.DispatcherTransformer"/>

which is a simple test transformer:

package org.apache.forrest.dispatcher.transformation;

import org.apache.cocoon.transformation.AbstractSAXTransformer;
import org.xml.sax.SAXException;

public class DispatcherTransformer extends AbstractSAXTransformer {
	private StringBuffer xmlBuffer;
	/**
	 * Receive notification of the beginning of a document.
	 */
	public void startDocument() throws SAXException {
		 xmlBuffer = new StringBuffer();
	     xmlBuffer.append("<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>\r\n");
	     xmlBuffer.append("<test/>");
	}

	public void endDocument() throws SAXException{
		super.contentHandler.characters(xmlBuffer.toString().toCharArray(), 0,
xmlBuffer.length());
	}

}

After "mvn install" I run "mvn jetty:run" and receive an exception in
the AbstractSAXTransformer:
	at
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.AbstractSAXTransformer.setup(AbstractSAXTransformer.java:274)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.setupPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:354)

When I debug in Eclipse I can see the following cause:
LINE:274 = if (getLogger().isDebugEnabled()) {

where getLogger() returns when inspecting:
"Method "getLogger" with signature "()Lorg/apache/commons/logging/Log;"
is not applicable on this object"

I reckon I need to configure the logging differently but sadly there
seems to very little documentation yet (or at least I could not find it
yet).

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

salu2