cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GT2007] The program is out!
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 06:23:55 GMT
On 9/20/07, Vadim Gritsenko <vadim@reverycodes.com> wrote:
> Looking at the program - "Bertrand Delacretaz/Carsten Ziegeler: "Bye bye Avalon:
> an introduction to OSGi"" - should this really be "Spring", not "OSGi"? :)

It is OSGi indeed: we're going to introduce the general principles,
and show how easy it is to create OSGi bundles and declarative
services using the maven-bundle-plugin and maven-scr-plugin from
Apache Felix. All this in 30 minutes, so bring your seatbelts!

I agree that Spring is closer to Avalon than OSGi is...but at the
conceptual level all three can be seen as modularization systems,
working on different levels. The reference to Avalon in that title is
a bit tongue-in-cheek of course, related to our collective history ;-)

-Bertrand