cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralph Goers" <>
Subject Re: Java 1.5 [was svn commit: r579132 - in /cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-core/src/test/java/org/apache/cocoon/transfo]
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 17:41:44 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler said:

> Although I guess everyone understood what I meant above, just a
> clarification: of course I meant that it only makes sense to stick with
> 1.4 if the people working on and using 2.2 *with jdk 1.4* is a critical
> mass. There is no doubt that currently there are many people
> using/develeoping 2.2 in general.

We just switched our Cocoon deployment in production from IBM 1.4 to Sun
1.5 and got at least a 25% performance improvement. Java 1.6 is out.  It
seems nuts to me to continue to target 1.4 on an as yet unreleased new
version of Cocoon.  However, if you view this as a code change then the
voting rules state that a single -1 vetoes the proposal, and we got that
before.  Unless the -1 is rescinded I fear we will be stuck at 1.4 until

View raw message