cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Rice Yeh" <>
Subject Re: True OO for servlet service
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2007 06:53:12 GMT
Hi Grek,
  Attached is the patch that is based on the present
cocoon-servlet-service-impl implementation. cocoon-servlet-service-impl has
some change since I posted my patch on COCOON-2038, which has already too
many files attached to it. In order not to confuse you, I have the the patch
attached to this mail. So you do not need to patch the files in COCOON-2038.
I find you already have written a test case class
ServletServiceContextTestCase for ServletServiceContext. I add one more test
case in it to test COCOON-1939. All the test cases in
ServletServiceContextTestCase are passed.
So after applying this patch, you might close COCOON-2038 by referring back
to this mail if there are no further problems.

On 8/29/07, Grzegorz Kossakowski <> wrote:
> Hello,
> I don't have that much time to spend these days on Cocoon but I would
> really like to see true Object
> Oriented approach implemented in upcoming[1] release of
> cocoon-servlet-service. The main task is
> tracked by COCOON-2038[2] where Rice Yeh has uploaded his patch
> implementing true OO behaviour in
> servlet-service-fw. According to Rice, this patch contains a bug-fix as
> well (details in the comments).
> After reviewing Rice's patch I decided that we really need test coverage
> for this quite complicated
> functionality for both ServletServiceContext class usage clarity and
> casual hunting for bugs. Daniel
> pointed me to another bug report (COCOON-1939[3]) that involves OO aspects
> of servlet-service-fw.
> That makes point about test coverage even more strong.
> What I would like to ask you for in this e-mail is to add additional tests
> ServletServiceContextTestCase class that exhibit problems mentioned in
> both issues. As soon as I
> have working test cases I guess that fixing problems would be quite easy.
> Since it was you who
> discovered problems it should be quite easy to write tests for them, too.
> Alexander and Rice, can I count on your help with this before next release
> in late September is cut?
> [1]
> [2]
> [3]