cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Branching cocoon-forms
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:25:06 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> giacomo@apache.org pisze:
>> Author: giacomo
>> Date: Fri Sep 28 04:13:23 2007
>> New Revision: 580303

>> Log:
>> branch Avalon based CForm blocks
>>
>> Added:
>>     cocoon/branches/cocoon-2.2/cocoon-forms-avalon-based/
>>       - copied from r580301, cocoon/trunk/blocks/cocoon-forms/
>
> Hmmm, does such structure and directory naming makes sense? I would expect creation of
directory
> like this:
> cocoon/branches/cocoon-forms-1.0.x
>
> Putting Cocoon Forms 1.0.0 into cocoon-2.2 does not make sense because form block wouldn't
be
> necessary tied to 2.2 of core.

That might be true but e.g. for the documentation we agreed to put all blocks
unter http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2 because we also can't say that
cocoon-forms-1.0.x will work with all future Cocoon releases.

When cocoon-forms-1.0.x is still compatible with e.g. Cocoon 2.3, then we create
just another branch cocoon/branches/cocoon-2.3/cocoon-forms-1.0.x/ (though I
hardly believe that this will happen ...)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc