cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Java 1.5 [was svn commit: r579132 - in /cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-core/src/test/java/org/apache/cocoon/transfo rmation:I18NTransformerTestCase.java I18NTransformerTestCase.java.disabled]
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 04:53:27 GMT
On 25.09.2007 15:45 Uhr, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Our problem is not minimum Java requirement for Cocoon 2.2. The problem
> is release time lines. [..] Java requirements? Nah, that's peanuts...

Thanks, you hit the nail. When was the vote? 1 year ago?

Despite being still convinced that raising the requirement to Java 5
does not buy as a lot if anything (Just think of java.nio, which is
supposed to bring a big performance gain and would so be a real
advantage for the user. I never saw ANY code in Cocoon using it.) I
herewith withdraw my -1 since I'm just tired of discussing this over and
over again.

So if you really think it's worth it go ahead. Otherwise I'm with
Vadim's plan:

> I'm completely expecting Cocoon 2.3 to be at Java 1.5 level, and 2.4 may be at Java 1.6
level.

Joerg