cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Java 1.5 [was svn commit: r579132 - in /cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-core/src/test/java/org/apache/cocoon/transfo rmation:I18NTransformerTestCase.java I18NTransformerTestCase.java.disabled]
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 19:45:36 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:
> Unless the -1 is rescinded I fear *2.2* will be stuck at 1.4 until
> 2010.

Here, fixed it for you :)

You are saying it like a bad thing. Cocoon 2.1 will be stuck at Java 1.3 until
cows come home. And Cocoon 1.8.2 will be stuck at... Well, you get an idea. I'm
completely expecting Cocoon 2.3 to be at Java 1.5 level, and 2.4 may be at Java
1.6 level.

Our problem is not minimum Java requirement for Cocoon 2.2. The problem is
release time lines. Cocoon 2.2 was supposed to be "Cocoon 2.1 + ECM+". Now we
don't have ECM+, it went through Spring migration, there seems to be second wave
of OSGi activity - and 2.2 ain't released yet. Now *that* would be a good reason
to flame. Java requirements? Nah, that's peanuts...

PS IIRC my vote was 0.

Vadim