cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject BookDefinition instead of NavigationDocument
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 11:43:17 GMT
Hi,

You have probably noticed that I'm doing some documentation work. I wanted to have better
(meaningful) URLs for documents I create and recalled that Daisy has support for this. Then
I found
that we use BookDefinition instead of NavigationDocument for our navigations. AFAIK, BookDefinition
does not support giving explicit IDs for its nodes thus nice URLs are impossible to achieve.
Is it true?

I found a very nice e-mail[1] from Reinhard that provides very good overview (thanks Reinhard!)
of
our current documentation system. Use of BookDefinition has been mentioned in that e-mail
in
following way:

"I recommend that you use the BookDefinition instead of the NavigationDocument type which
is more
powerful as it allows the creation of books."

Unfortunately there was no elaboration on BookDefinition power.

How my problem can be solved?

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/66732

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski