cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Code freeze - NOW
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 14:59:26 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> As you probably have noticed, I've started with the release of the POM
>> modules. So far this shouldn't have affected you except a short period
>> when trunk didn't build.
>>
>> I'm going to continue with the jar modules in core and blocks which
>> means that I ask you not to commit to any of the affected directories
>> in SVN (see the list of  the proposed artifacts).
>>
>> I will let you know as soon as I'm finished.
>
> Though I've only created the release artifacts for the Configurator
> subproject, I have to suspend the code freeze until I have a working
> solution for the problem with the Javadocs (see the seperate mail thread
> about this issue).

If you wonder why the release and the doc generation are reletated at all: it's
because that's the simplest way to create docs that contain correct version
numbers. Otherwise all the Maven docs (e.g. the list of dependencies) refer to
SNAPSHOT releases which is confusing IMO.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc