cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Javadocs
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 12:58:09 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> I also use this release to publish our docs. I wonder now whether I
>> should add the Javadocs to our docs or not. For the
>> spring-configurator and and configuration-api I've added them because
>> they are subprojects but I'm not sure if it is the best idea to add
>> the javadocs of our core modules and the blocks to SVN either. The
>> problem is that they take up a lot of space and make a checkout of our
>> site really slow.
>
> Add javadocs to the website - yes, into svn - no.
>

>> OTOH if we don't generate them using Maven and then add them to our
>> SVN I don't know how we can do it in a comfortable way.
>
> Traditionally, one would unzip javadocs from a copy of a release on a
> website into 'apidocs' directory, and that'd be all. In such a setup,
> even if javadocs are not in svn, they can be easily restored by getting
> release off archive.apache.org and unzipping it.
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/site/site/2.1/apidocs/README.txt

The problem is that there are 40+ release artifacts now and doing it this way is
very inconvenient.Maybe I should to write a Maven report which creates only the
menu entry and an apidocs directory. I could put a script into this directory
which downloads the zipped javadocs archive from the central Maven repository
and unzip it then.

Could somebody help me with an additional script which recursivly scans for the
download scripts, sets the "x" attribute on the file and executes it then?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc