cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Javadocs
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 12:44:30 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> I also use this release to publish our docs. I wonder now whether I
> should add the Javadocs to our docs or not. For the spring-configurator
> and and configuration-api I've added them because they are subprojects
> but I'm not sure if it is the best idea to add the javadocs of our core
> modules and the blocks to SVN either. The problem is that they take up a
> lot of space and make a checkout of our site really slow.

Add javadocs to the website - yes, into svn - no.

> OTOH if we don't generate them using Maven and then add them to our SVN
> I don't know how we can do it in a comfortable way.

Traditionally, one would unzip javadocs from a copy of a release on a website
into 'apidocs' directory, and that'd be all. In such a setup, even if javadocs
are not in svn, they can be easily restored by getting release off
archive.apache.org and unzipping it.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/site/site/2.1/apidocs/README.txt

Vadim