cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r577245 - /cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-sitemap/cocoon-sitemap-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/treeprocessor/variables/StringTemplateParserVariableResolver.java
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:51:24 GMT
Joerg Heinicke pisze:
> On 19.09.2007 7:11 Uhr, gkossakowski@apache.org wrote:

>> Log:
>> COCOON-2134: Implemented Disposable interface in
>> StringTemplateParserVariableResolver.
>
> I wonder why a Spring-configured bean has to implement Avalon interfaces
> especially since it is an empty implementation anyway. Wouldn't it be
> better to make a instanceof check instead of enforcing the
> implementation? Otherwise I don't see how we can get rid of Avalon. We
> need such a migration path, don't we?

Thanks for reviewing, you have a good point.

The solution I came with was the simplest and most reliable I could think of. After taking
another
look at the code from o.a.c.components.treeprocessor.variables.VariableResolverFactory class
I start
to think that we could remove custom managment of Disposable components completely but I will
be
better to have detailed look into that code later on.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski