cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Code freeze?
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 07:12:37 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> This code was updated on 20.07.2007 with the upgrade to sourceresolve
> 2.2.3 (rev 557982 and 557994 [1, 2] and 557984 on 2.1 [3]). Since then
> it must be failing. From what I get it's now failing for Windows with 2
> slashes while the test expects 3. Linux/Mac OS X seems to work since
> they have 3 slashes now. Before it was the other way around, Windows
> worked with 2, Linux/Mac OS X failed with 1.
>
> From the implementation [4] this is pretty clear:
>
> uri = file.toURL().toExternalForm();
> // toExternalForm() is buggy, see e.g.
> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4924415
> // therefore we check if file: is followed by just one slash
> // TODO when we move to JDK 1.4+, we should use
> file.toURI().toASCIIString() instead.
> if ( uri.length() > 6 && uri.startsWith("file:/") && uri.charAt(6)
!= '/' )
> {
>     uri = "file:///" + uri.substring(6);
> }
>
> It just adds 3 slashes instead of 2 as it is supposed to do. So we
> probably need a sourceresolve 2.2.4. Is this likely to happen fast or do
> we need to revert the test case to not fail for the moment? Anyway, I'm
> going to change the test case back to 2 slashes. sourceresolve's own
> test case also only checks for 2 slashes [5].

Hmm, I'm still not sure what is wrong: the sourceresolver impl or this
test? After the disaster of the 2.2.2 release breaking this stuff, I
tested the 2.2.3 release on both windows and macos x and it did work for
me. I also tested Cocoon 2.1.x and trunk with it and it worked - both
failed with the 2.2.2 version.

So, perhaps its just the test case which is wrong?

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org