cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: pipelineComponent scope troubles
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 19:38:34 GMT
Giacomo Pati pisze:

> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>> I'm going to throw away my .m2, recompile it, and check your sample again. I just
want to be sure,
>> but this is going a little while.
>
> Ok, I've done as written above but have the same results. No matter what settings I have
in
> core/cocoon-pipeline/cocoon-pipeline-impl/src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/spring/ObjectModel.xml
> I always get the same stack traces:
>
> 	http://people.apache.org/~giacomo/GrekSample-pipelineComponent.log
> 	http://people.apache.org/~giacomo/GrekSample-request.log
>
> Sorry, I get something different that you, so I'm stuck and cannot upgrade to it with
my projects!

Giacomo, this issue caused frustration that affected all of us but I would like to ask you
about a
little more. Could you start my sample in a debugger and set breakpoint on put() method of
ObjectModelImpl? Then could you analyse all calls to that method and figure out if they are
operating on the same ObjectModelImpl class instance?
You should debug with OM's scope set to request. The expected result is that during whole
request
processing (including making a servlet call) every method call should be on the same instance
of OM.

If it's not the case just try to find out what and when creates new instances of OM. Since
my sample
works fine for Reinhard it must be something really unusual with your env.

I'm going to describe in detail pipelineComponent scope as Daniel asked me for so it may be
easier
for you to track the code you are (hopefully) going to debug.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski