cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Code freeze?
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 18:43:32 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko pisze:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> Vadim Gritsenko pisze:
>>> Fails here on mac os:
>>>
>>>   Results :
>>>   Tests run: 98, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
>>>
>>> Is there an easy way to find out which test fails?
>>
>> That's good question, I wondered about it too.
>> Meanwhile I suggest to just go to cocoon-core/target/surefire and sort
>> files by their size. The file
>> containing report about failing test is the biggest one.
>
> Well this method does not work :)
>   TEST-org.apache.cocoon.matching.CookieMatcherTestCase.xml:
>   <testsuite errors="0" skipped="0" tests="2" time="0.033" failures="0"
> name="org.apache.cocoon.matching.CookieMatcherTestCase">
>
> No failures in the biggest report! And next biggest, and so on...

Text instead of XML reports should be working. Nevertheless, you have found more reliable
way.

> Anyway
> here is *really* ugly way to find it:
>
> $ find . -name "TEST-*.xml" | xargs grep failures=.1.
> ./core/cocoon-core/target/surefire-reports/TEST-org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.CachingSourceTestCase.xml:<testsuite
> errors="0" skipped="0" tests="6" time="11.521" failures="1"
> name="org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.CachingSourceTestCase">
>

> And here is error:
>
>     <failure type="junit.framework.AssertionFailedError"
> message="expected
> same:&amp;lt;org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.CachingSource$SourceMeta@c07f58&amp;gt;
> was
> not:&amp;lt;org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.CachingSource$SourceMeta@e89f1b&amp;gt;">junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
> expected
> same:&amp;org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.CachingSource$SourceMeta@c07f58&amp;
> was
> not:&amp;org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.CachingSource$SourceMeta@e89f1b&amp;
>
>         at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:47)
>         at junit.framework.Assert.failNotSame(Assert.java:276)
>         at junit.framework.Assert.assertSame(Assert.java:239)
>         at junit.framework.Assert.assertSame(Assert.java:246)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.CachingSourceTestCase.testCachingURI(CachingSourceTestCase.java:86)
>
> </failure>

Is your internet connection reliable? CachingSourceTestCase has been failing for number of
people
just because it depends on content obtained from slashdot site. I never liked this approach
and
expressed my concerns about it some time ago (cannot give pointer, though). I think we should
change
this test to avoid fake failings.

> PS Ant had this nifty task generating junit html reports...

I guess that Maven has something similar but we didn't configure it...

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski