cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Springifying CForms: How to solve LifecycleHelper stuff
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 14:45:59 GMT
Giacomo Pati skrev:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>
>> Giacomo Pati skrev:

>>> Again, how should deprecation be implemented:
>>>
>>> a) use deprecation logger but keep current implementation
>>> b) throw an exception and remove current implementation
>>>

>> a) is probably the correct solution, but at least I would prefer b). To
>> me, the class attribute in forms for creating components seem like some
>> hack or workaround that hopefully very few depends on.
>>

> I think we should vote on this, shouldn't we?
Probably. I think we should start to use lazy votes for this kind of
stuff. While we are Springifying and refactoring Cocoon there will
probably continue to be lots of stuff that we should vote about. But
ordinary votes are IMO to much administration for things that might be
of minor interest for most people anyway.
>  I absolutely dislike having the LifecycleHelper (and
> thus Avalon classes) staying in the CForms code.
>
> What do otehrs think about it?

+1, remove it.

/Daniel