cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: New expressions' syntax
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 01:23:40 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Currently we use {} to wrap sitemap expressions. We use #{} to wrap
> JXPath, ${} to wrap Jexl, @{} to wrap Javascript expressions, all in
> Template only.
>
> One of my big goals is to make you think only about one string template,
> one wrapping chars and whatever you like number of expression languages
> you like everywhere in Cocoon. When achieving this goal I must keep
> back-compatibility in mind all the time as Daniel is patiently reminding
> me.

I'd rather prefer to have ability to map character to expression language, and
keep ${}, #{}, @{} as default configurations for jexl, jxpath, javascript
respectively (with escape syntax like $${} or ${{}}).

Suggested syntax - be it {jxpath:foo} or ${jxpath:foo} is IMHO ugly and
unnecessarily verbose.

Vadim