cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r575768 - in /cocoon/trunk: blocks/cocoon-template/cocoon-template-impl/src/test/resources/org/apache/cocoon/template/jxtg/ core/cocoon-core/src/test/resources/org/apache/cocoon/components/treeprocessor/variables/ core/cocoon-expression-lan...
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2007 14:26:20 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom pisze:
>> I see. Last question is about multiple bean declarations in one xml
>> file. Do we think it's good or
>> bad practise?
>
> No strong opinion about that. If a couple of beans works togther or are
> of the same "kind" it seem natural to put them together in one file.
> Otherwise not. What is your opinion?

I have no strong opinion on this topic. I agree with you that grouping closely related to
each other
in one file is a good idea. However, my main reason for using camel names (following class
names)
was to make it easy to find relevant config to given class.

What annoys me the most is lack of support for refactoring of beans configs in Eclipse. Currently
my
workflow is following:
1. Refactor java classes using Eclipse tools
2. Analyze changes and create list of commands involving grep, find, mv and awk tools
3. Start linux terminal and fire list of commands that will refactor Spring beans
4. Keep fingers crossed for not breaking anything

This situation is far from being optimal and Spring IDE plug-in for Eclipse does not help
(at least
to my knowledge) anyhow, unfortunately.

Can you share your experiences?

--