cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Springifying CForms
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:44:52 GMT
Giacomo Pati pisze:
> Hi all

Hi Giacomo

> If there is nobody working on the subject I'll spend a few hours on doing that.

I'm very pleased to see that you want to work on this as it has been on my wish-list for quite
long
time. However, I'm not sure if you remember that we are going to have next release in a week[1].
just realized that Reinhard omitted CForms on that list but I guess it was just oversight.

Since moving towards Spring is not trivial step I wouldn't like to see it done for Forms 1.0.0
but
for 1.1.0. That raises natural question: do we want to branch Forms block? I would be in favour
of
such solution if there is no other one.

> My general tactic would be to first rewrite the xconf/rules into a spring config so that
adding new
> Widgets/Converters/Datatypes will than be easily manageable (using bean-maps) and than
see how the
> classes have to be rewritten to follow that.
>
> Any better ideas?

I think your plan is good and I will be happy to help if there are some problems as I have
been
Springifying some code in Cocoon, already. I'm curious if you want to completely move away
from
Avalon and convert whole code not only configuration handling?

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/74996

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski