cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Cocoon 2.1.10 live site: www.derecho.com
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 08:27:36 GMT
Nacho (Derecho.com) pisze:
> Hola a todos:
>
> The past day 03/09/2007 we've put a Cocoon 2.1.10 only live site online, with big success,
we all
> want to share our success with all of the developers of Cocoon, and give a big big thanks
to all
> of you..
>
> We are extensively and intensively using  Flow ( thanks god we have flow :), SQL Transformer,
> aggregator, definitely almost anything of the Cocoon standard blocks dist, and if not
using it,
> for sure we have plans to use it in short..
>
> The old site was done in an ancient cocoon 1.8.2 for 1997-99, backed by a tomcat 3.3..
So we are
> proud to say that we are using cocoon for about 10 years now.... ;)
>
> The new site need some work to have all the bell and twistles working, but we think is
by now a
> great example on wath can be done with cocoon.. Another time thanks to all, including
ancient
> cocoon Heros ;)..

Thank you for reporting! Although I don't understand much of your site it looks really nice.

> And for the work, where can we found a brief description of 2.2? the build process, the
new
> features, etc.

It changed a lot and in most cases you will not have to build Cocoon on your own. We are shipping
binaries, again! To get started take a look at this site:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/dev-docs/

(I hope that it will be officially published soon)

> We need to have a peek at the next cocoon version as we want to stay with cocoon for
next ten
> years ;).. But until now didnt found any relevant infos about it.. Apart from the maillist,
where
> the infos are a little scattered and distributed all over the days and months..

Have you considered attending to Cocoon GetTogether[1]? Spain is really close to Italy and
it's the
only chance in whole year to meet so many Cocoon hackers in one place. :)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski