cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: pipelineComponent scope troubles
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:36:05 GMT

Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Giacomo Pati pisze:
>>
>> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>>>
>>             <map:match pattern="*/**">
>>                 <map:mount uri-prefix="{1}" src="blockcontext:/{1}/" />
>>             </map:match>
>>
>> Is that causing the troubles?
>
> Yes, I'm almost sure that's the reason why pipelineComponent scope is freaking.

Guess what ;-) didn't help removing all map:mount from the sitemap. Exception still exists
and I
have still no clue what has caused this incompatability with existing code.

> Both cocoon: source and <map:mount/> are considered old-fashioned if we have Servlet
Service
> Framework that does the same in more clear and powerful way. Independently from our preferences,
we
> need to support both cocoon: and <map:mount/>, obviously. In order to provide back-compatibility
we
> need to implement sitemap scope (see COCOON-2099).
> If you are going to make effort of implementing this scope, don't forget to assign that
issue to
> yourself. I unassigned it because my list of assigned issues is already long and I'm
overwhelmed
> with other affairs.

To be honest, I see no reason for me to dig into something I have not a single clue where
to look
at. But still questioning who has put this backward incompatability into it and how to migrate
from it.

> If you want to make a quick test if it's the only problem with current trunk and work-around
NPE
> mentioned by you just change scope of ObjectModel from "pipelineComponent" to "call"
in this
> file[1]. Be warned that it's only a quick work-around and implementation of sitemap scope
is the
> only reliable solution.

Uhh, this give a even more ugly stacktrace (deep into template, el, and jexl) I wouldn't even
think
of pasting it into this mail.

> HTH.

Unfortunately it didn't at all!