cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject pipelineComponent scope troubles (was: Re: Refactoring cocoon-thread)
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 13:11:54 GMT
Giacomo Pati pisze:

> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> Giacomo Pati pisze:
>
>> Are you sure you are running latest trunk?
>
> Hmm.. if a 'svn up' isn't enough to get there, tell me how else.

It's enough, sorry for asking dumb questions.

>> You are having a trouble with the code handling
>> pipelineComponent scope and proper initialization of parent Object Model within it.

> Tell me news, dear ;-)

Ok, next time I'm going to be more concise and see above. ;-)

>> I explained the
>> problem that this code solves here[1] and idea behind the code here[2]. As Joerg
pointed out[3] this
>> code is rather first sketch and must be rewritten to follow best practices in Spring.
>
> Ok, so is it working or not!

As far as I managed to test, it works.

> If it cannot happen, why is it happening to me, than?

Let me guess: bug? :)
See below

>             <map:match pattern="*/**">
>                 <map:mount uri-prefix="{1}" src="blockcontext:/{1}/" />
>             </map:match>
>
> Is that causing the troubles?

Yes, I'm almost sure that's the reason why pipelineComponent scope is freaking.

Both cocoon: source and <map:mount/> are considered old-fashioned if we have Servlet
Service
Framework that does the same in more clear and powerful way. Independently from our preferences,
we
need to support both cocoon: and <map:mount/>, obviously. In order to provide back-compatibility
we
need to implement sitemap scope (see COCOON-2099).
If you are going to make effort of implementing this scope, don't forget to assign that issue
yourself. I unassigned it because my list of assigned issues is already long and I'm overwhelmed
with other affairs.

If you want to make a quick test if it's the only problem with current trunk and work-around
NPE
mentioned by you just change scope of ObjectModel from "pipelineComponent" to "call" in this
file[1]. Be warned that it's only a quick work-around and implementation of sitemap scope
is the
only reliable solution.

HTH.

[1]