cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Refactoring cocoon-thread
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:10:00 GMT

Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Giacomo Pati pisze:
>>
>> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>> We've already done some incompatible changes in trunk, I would like to
>>> add one more which should not effect most of our users.
>> I was trying to find the other "incompatible changes in trunk" as since I've updated
my repo my app
>> isn't running again. On any request it throws a
>>
>>         ... 46 more
>>         at java.util.HashMap.putAll(HashMap.java:544)
>>         at org.apache.cocoon.el.impl.objectmodel.ObjectModelImpl.setParent(ObjectModelImpl.java:289)
>>         at
>> org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.spring.PipelineComponentScope.get(PipelineComponentScope.java:51)
>>         at
>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:285)
>>         at
>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
>>         at
>> org.springframework.aop.target.SimpleBeanTargetSource.getTarget(SimpleBeanTargetSource.java:33)
>>         at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:184)
>>         at $Proxy1.markLocalContext(Unknown Source)
>>         at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.InvokeContext.pushMap(InvokeContext.java:234)
>>         at
>> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:51)
>>         at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MatchNode.invoke(MatchNode.java:87)
>>         ... 79 more
>>
>> Anybody any pointers I could look at?
>

> Are you sure you are running latest trunk?

Hmm.. if a 'svn up' isn't enough to get there, tell me how else.

> You are having a trouble with the code handling
> pipelineComponent scope and proper initialization of parent Object Model within it.

Tell me news, dear ;-)

> I explained the
> problem that this code solves here[1] and idea behind the code here[2]. As Joerg pointed
out[3] this
> code is rather first sketch and must be rewritten to follow best practices in Spring.

Ok, so is it working or not!

> When it comes to your problem, I guess that your problem is caused by the fact that
> PipelineComponentScope tries to set parent Object Model that is null. Such situation
should never
> occur and if parent Object Model is null there should be no setParent() call.

If it cannot happen, why is it happening to me, than?

> Do you use mounting in your sitemaps?

Yup:

            <map:match pattern="*/**">
                <map:mount uri-prefix="{1}" src="blockcontext:/{1}/" />
            </map:match>

Is that causing the troubles?

Thanks and ciao

- --