cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Refactoring cocoon-thread
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 08:22:27 GMT
Giacomo Pati pisze:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> We've already done some incompatible changes in trunk, I would like to
>> add one more which should not effect most of our users.
>
> I was trying to find the other "incompatible changes in trunk" as since I've updated
my repo my app
> isn't running again. On any request it throws a
>
>         ... 46 more
>         at java.util.HashMap.putAll(HashMap.java:544)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.el.impl.objectmodel.ObjectModelImpl.setParent(ObjectModelImpl.java:289)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.spring.PipelineComponentScope.get(PipelineComponentScope.java:51)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:285)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
>         at
> org.springframework.aop.target.SimpleBeanTargetSource.getTarget(SimpleBeanTargetSource.java:33)
>         at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:184)
>         at $Proxy1.markLocalContext(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.InvokeContext.pushMap(InvokeContext.java:234)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:51)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MatchNode.invoke(MatchNode.java:87)
>         ... 79 more
>
> Anybody any pointers I could look at?

Are you sure you are running latest trunk? You are having a trouble with the code handling
pipelineComponent scope and proper initialization of parent Object Model within it. I explained
the
problem that this code solves here[1] and idea behind the code here[2]. As Joerg pointed out[3]
this
code is rather first sketch and must be rewritten to follow best practices in Spring.

When it comes to your problem, I guess that your problem is caused by the fact that
PipelineComponentScope tries to set parent Object Model that is null. Such situation should
never
occur and if parent Object Model is null there should be no setParent() call.

Do you use mounting in your sitemaps?

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/74560
[2] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/74714
[3] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/74836