cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r574029 - in /cocoon/trunk/core: cocoon-expression-language/cocoon-expression-language-impl/src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/spring/ cocoon-pipeline/cocoon-pipeline-impl/src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/spring/ cocoon-sitemap/cocoon-sit...
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2007 17:36:58 GMT
Hi Daniel!

danielf@apache.org pisze:
> Author: danielf Date: Sun Sep  9 10:08:24 2007 New Revision: 574029

and
> ObjectModel.xml to the cocoon-sitemap-impl module as they depend on the
> CocoonEntryObjectModelProvider.java that is defined there. Beans must follow the same
dependency
> graph as the Java classes. Also changed the package of the CocoonEntryObjectModelProvider.java
> from o.a.c.el.impl.objectmodel that is defined in the cocoon-expression-language-impl
module to
> o.a.c.objectmodel.impl that only is used in the cocoon-sitemap-impl module. Please avoid
split
> packages, where some of the classes in the package are in one module and the rest in
another.

I agree with your point about dependencies but I don't like your solution of moving stuff
to already
overloaded cocoon-sitemap-impl module.
Actually, whole problem with dependencies comes from the fact that this snippet:
<property name="initialEntries">
  <map>
    <entry key="cocoon" value-ref="o.a.c.el.impl.objectmodel.CocoonEntryObjectModelProvider"/>
    <entry key="Packages" value-ref="o.a.c.el.impl.objectmodel.PackagesEntryObjectModelProvider"/>
    <entry key="java" value-ref="o.a.c.el.impl.objectmodel.JavaEntryObjectModelProvider"/>
  </map>
</property>

was considered as temporary that I forgot to state clearly which is my fault. This static
map should
be just replaced by <configurator:bean-map/> that would collect all ObjectModel providers
dynamically at runtime. If you do this and take care of beans renaming so keys in Map are
properly
created by <configurator:bean-map/> there is no need to move anything.

Obviously, there is some clean up work left in EL code that I intended to perform just after
settle with my current top-priority affairs like passing exams or finding new flat. I hope
to be
more helpful in one week.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski