cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Dev at weitling <d...@weitling.net>
Subject Re: Plans on Forms block
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 14:52:59 GMT
Hi Grek, hi Jeremy,

Some thoughts on my side:
- Normally a Cocoon user doesn't have much contact with Dojo, iirc
effects and drag'n'drop.
- As a Cocoon application has to be revised switching from 2.1 to 2.2
either, Dojo changes might be checked, too.
- It would be helpful if Dojo is integratable into Cocoon in a more
standard way i.e. no (or at least at a minimum) differences to the
standard Djo distribution as necessary.
As a non-commiting reader I would be glad to see these thoughts taken
into account.

Bye,
Florian

P.S. to Grek: As there hasn't been an answer to
[http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cocoon.apache.org/msg53627.html] I
still don't see the disadvantages of Ajax to prefer a fat-client over it :-?

> I just noticed that Jeremy Quinn would like[1] to work on migrating Forms block to Dojo
0.9 version
> at Hackathon. While I think it's very good idea (I don't like Ajax but we need to have
something
> working and glittering) and would like to help as much as I can (my TODO list is already
quite
> stuffed) I believe that we should cut final release of Forms block before migrating to
Dojo 0.9.

> New Dojo's release brings a lot of incompatibilities that would impact our users too.
Therefore I