cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Plans on Forms block
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 13:54:06 GMT
Hello,

I just noticed that Jeremy Quinn would like[1] to work on migrating Forms block to Dojo 0.9
version
at Hackathon. While I think it's very good idea (I don't like Ajax but we need to have something
working and glittering) and would like to help as much as I can (my TODO list is already quite
stuffed) I believe that we should cut final release of Forms block before migrating to Dojo
0.9.

New Dojo's release brings a lot of incompatibilities that would impact our users too. Therefore
would like to see our Forms 1.0.0 release *without* Dojo 0.9. Final release of Forms would
require
final release of Cocoon's core so I think it's not doable to cut final release of Froms before
Hackathon. Given that, I think we should tag/branch Forms before Hackathon so people are free
work on that block and focus on bringing final release of whole Cocoon afterwards.

As we are close to final release of Cocoon core already I think branching/tagging one block
for few
weeks wouldn't hurt.

WDYT?

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/GT2007Hackaton