cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Outerthought releases Daisy 2.1
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 13:34:59 GMT
We're very happy to announce today the 2.1 release of Daisy, our
flagship open source CMS. The 2.1 release contains numerous feature
additions and productivity enhancements, and is the result of Daisy
being used in an increasing number of real-world projects by both
Outerthought and selected partners.

Most notable additions are:

  * a new Spring-based runtime container for the document repository
that makes developing additional or third-party components a lot
easier, backed also by a simplified build setup
  * support for document variables, i.e. for managing parametrized
content
  * the addition of a document pre-save interaction hook which can be
used for eSignature support in controlled authoring environments
  * a WYSIWYG (HTML-based) document version diffing tool which has
been developed in collaboration with the Google Summer of Code program
  * various important improvements of the Daisy query language and
publishing environment

For existing users of Daisy, this list is but a concise summary of a
lot of other changes and improvements - a full list is available from
the installation instructions on the Daisy website www.daisycms.org.
Since we kept mostly silent (due to business) about the preceding
Daisy 2.0 release, we would also like to point out that Daisy
supports jBPM-based workflow and sports a set of content migration
tools since then.

The development of Daisy 2.1 has been supported in parts by customer
projects, by a number of funding customers, and by Outerthought
itself. We wish to thank all parties involved in the continued growth
of Daisy, and the ever-increasing user community.

All things Daisy can be found at www.daisycms.org.

</Steven>
Outerthought                              Open Source Java & XML
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org