cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Billard <olivier.billard.coc...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: Why has the PanaoidCocoonServlet disappear ?
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:22:46 GMT
Hi Reinhard,

Thanks for your reply.
Info below.

Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Olivier Billard wrote:
>> Hi Jean-Baptiste !
>>
>> Thank you for your quick reply.
>>
>> Didn't you mention the 2.1 part of the SVN repo ? Maybe was it not
>> clear in my post, but I am talking about Cocoon 2.2 :).
>> Searching a bit, I found some information about the shielding servlet
>> service, that seems to do that job, replacing the
>> ParanoidCocoonServlet. Is it ?
>
> yes, right. See
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/dev-docs/2.2/maven-plugins/maven-plugin/1.0/1361_1_1.html.

<parentheses>Nice skin :)</parentheses>

> The Cocoon deploy plugin offers a "deploy" goal which can be configured
> to use the shielding classloader. The goal rewrites the web.xml to
> bypass all servlet, filter and listener calls and uses a shielding
> classloader which reverses the classloader hierarchy the same way as the
> ParanoidCocoonServlet did for 2.1. It also adds the necessary classes to
> your webapp. In short, the shielding stuff is only a configuration option.
>
> The note, that the plugin hasn't been released yet isn't valid anymore.
> It is available at version 1.0.0-M1.
>
> If you try it out, please let me know if it works for you as expected.
> (I've only tested it in a very simple scenario so far ...)

I tried, but the resulting patched web.xml is missing the 2 following Cocoon listener declarations:
- org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
- org.springframework.web.context.request.RequestContextListener

Those declaration seem to have been replaced by the ShieldingListener declaration, maybe instead
of simply just add the ShieldingListener declaration?

This causes a Tomcat error, that looks like an endless loop.
Adding the "missing" declarations in the web.xml file makes Tomcat start fine.

Is it a bug ?

--
Olivier Billard