cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Martijn C. Vos" <m....@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Wicket integration
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:27:38 GMT

Jean-Baptiste Quenot [mailto:jbq@apache.org] wrote:
>  * Grzegorz Kossakowski:
>
>  > What I would like to add is that our users already
>  tried[1] to do so.
>  >
>  > [1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.user/61153
>
>  Thanks for mentioning this.  I remember now about this
>  "UnsupportedOperationException" issue on
>  ServletRequest.getLocale().
>
>  Indeed, that would be great to allow integration of Cocoon and
>  Wicket.  Integration is already possible through the use of
>  servlets in web.xml, but of course having the power of sitemaps to
>  « mount » a Wicket application would be a plus.

And what about the reverse: a wicket application getting (part of)
its content from cocoon? Because, let's face it, Wicket has a much
nicer separation of logic and presentation than cocoon, where html
is generated by (occasionally very unreadable) XSL files.

Having cocoon provide the content, and using Wicket to add forms
and turn it into a real website sounds to me like the ideal way
to work.

I've been thinking about the advantages of a cocoon-like framework
in Wicket, but I don't know enough about the fundamentals of either
to tell how good or bad an idea that would be, or how much work.

>  However, this would require a dedicated URL space like /wicket/**
>  because Wicket has its own strategies for controlling the URLs.

Very annoying, that. I consider this Wicket's main (only?) weakness.

I want the strengths of both Wicket and Cocoon, without the
weaknesses of either.

mcv.
--

Kind regards,