cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Hugh Sparks (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] Commented: (COCOON-2108) xmodule:flow-attr Does not accept document objects
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2007 14:19:43 GMT


Hugh Sparks commented on COCOON-2108:

Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> ...
> Thanks Hugh for your great research!

The brain work was done by Csaba Kazó.


Jörg Heinicke wrote:

> Hugh, did you try text()? 

Indeed I did. And I commented that it didn't work.
But I was wrong! The example I set up was done in haste.
Appending /text() to the path works correctly.

So perhaps the getAttribute method in class  JXPathHelper could be patched?

The Javadocs show that getAttribute is supposed to return Object...

I find direct references to JXPathHelper getAttribute in:

I tried running most of the samples and tests in my modified
Cocoon-2.1.11 and nothing was obviously broken. But I don't know of anything like a regression
test suite for Cocoon.

Making a change like this could have far-reaching consequences.
Perhaps it's time to send a letter to the developers of the package
and ask them to review this thread.

In any case, I'm new here and I don't know what to do next...

> xmodule:flow-attr Does not accept document objects
> --------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: COCOON-2108
>                 URL:
>             Project: Cocoon
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: * Cocoon Core
>    Affects Versions: 2.1.11-dev (Current SVN)
>            Reporter: Hugh Sparks
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments: xmodulePuzzle.txt
> Sending document objects from flowscript back to the pipeline using
> xmodule:flow-attr produces unexpected results. Also, the examples from
> the documentation do not work as described:
> The most common error reported is:
>     'The object type: class java.lang.String could not be serialized to XML"
> This issue was discussed recently on the cocoon-users mailing list.
> The thread was introduced by Kazo Csaba with the subject "Sending DOM from flowscript
to pipeline."
>  (July 17, 2007)
> He has attempted to trace this behavior in the source code and believes that a
> possibly-inappropriate conversion to string occurs in some cases.
> Jason Johnston suggested moving the issue to JIRA.
> I've created a demonstration of this apparent bug and some related problems
> in this very brief example:
> I hope someone can fix or explain the correct usage of xmodule:flow-attr.
> Thanks to all,
> -Hugh Sparks,

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

View raw message